Soul of Key West, Volume I
NOW AVAILABLE !
…”from the eye of a photographer with the voices of the musicians.”
I view the Key West music scene as a wonderful and complex tapestry. The 200+ gorgeous photos without the musicians stories would have presented only a small part of that. They answer a lot of questions and there is a lot to learn about these Key West treasures.
- Bill Blue told of the night Elvis first appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show.
- Larry Baeder tells the story of 100,000 people in a soccer stadium all singing along with the Temptations to “My Girl”.
- Barry Cuda talks of his favorite gig at funky little BO’s Fish Wagon playing special tunes for his special audience.
- Lifelong Key Wester friends Robert Albury, Paulie Walterson, and Cliff Sawyer, all talk of their love of music and one another.
- Melody Cooper whispered a secret during an interview “we will make music because we have to”.
- Clayton Lopez talks of almost kicking Jimmy Buffet out of Ed Swifts Music store.
- The magical entertainer Raven tells how the audience fills the void in her self esteem.
It’s a little book about a small island, with great musicians and a huge sound. Music permeates Key West right down to the coral rock. Key West’s musical Soul is an outpost of humanity, One Human Family, in a sea of swirling, turbulent, incivility. This book tells that story.
“The Soul of Key West” is a 104 page anthology of the Key West music scene, as told by the musicians. Their stories are the true description of the lives of professional musicians. The book includes 46 interviews, and over 200 hundred photographs, including six new updated photos
Order The Soul of Key West, Volume I, Second Edition
Select the “ORDER NOW” button below, review “Purchase Details” select continue,
use your PayPal Acct – or select bottom button “Pay with Credit or Debit Card” –
complete payments, and you will receive your order in a few days.