Soul of Key West, Volume I
Out of Print
…”from the eye of a photographer with the voices of the musicians.”
I view the Key West music scene as a wonderful and complex tapestry. The 200+ gorgeous photos without the musicians stories would have presented only a small part of that. They answer a lot of questions and there is a lot to learn about these Key West treasures.
- Bill Blue told of the night Elvis first appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show.
- Larry Baeder tells the story of 100,000 people in a soccer stadium all singing along with the Temptations to “My Girl”.
- Barry Cuda talks of his favorite gig at funky little BO’s Fish Wagon playing special tunes for his special audience.
- Lifelong Key Wester friends Robert Albury, Paulie Walterson, and Cliff Sawyer, all talk of their love of music and one another.
- Melody Cooper whispered a secret during an interview “we will make music because we have to”.
- Clayton Lopez talks of almost kicking Jimmy Buffet out of Ed Swifts Music store.
- The magical entertainer Raven tells how the audience fills the void in her self esteem.
“The Soul of Key West” is a 104 page anthology of the Key West music scene, as told by the musicians. Their stories are the true description of the lives of professional musicians. The book includes 46 interviews, and over 200 hundred photographs.
Add your order information to our list and get notified of the Volume I availability: